Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve from China

We are ready to move on to Guangzhou. The food choices have become quite limited! We are basically down to McDonald's or Pizza Hut and frankly we are tired of both. But we went back to Pizza Hut today. My pizza was very good today and I was on my 3rd piece when I noticed something that looked like a long purple worm. I began picking at it, not to be to obvious and of course Kevin noticed because he knows how picky I am about food. Well it sure looked like a small slithering worm, snake, etc. I asked Teresa what it was! She said it was octopus, and that was the end of that pizza for me! It was on our pizza by mistake. I just about freaked out. So, there goes Pizza Hut! Kevin laughed all the way home!!!

Today we went on a Rickshaw ride through the HUTONGS. It was very interesting to see how these people live. We got to visit one man who was 93 yers old and go inside his house. He was very nice and polite and seemed to have a nice place (for China). He had a washroom. Usually they all shared a bathroom girls/boys for the entire group of homes which was about 5 families and a courtyard. So it was pretty crowded. She said that this was a historic place in China.

We leave the day after Christmas here We went walking down to the mall again this evening and let the kids run a while! We had forgotten it was Christmas Eve. The streets looked liked New York City. People everywhere and police everywhere also. it was so crowded. They celebrate Christmas, but just the lights and decorations... not the real meaning of Christmas.It was so cold and windy tonight. We branched out and ate in the mall at a Japanese place in the mall. it looked like Kyotos. Kevin loved it!

1 comment: