Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Few More Notes About Beijing and Ella

Since this is my journal from being here in China, I want to remember a few more interesting things to tell the girls....

There are no seat belt laws here even for a baby. Mia is loving this and so would Savannah and Emma. I asked what about a baby and Teresa said that the mom sits in the back and just holds the baby.

We can't get over the traffic here. There are no traffic patterns. Teresa said that it is just understood that you get out of peoples' way if they blow the horn. If there is a wreck it is always your fault and because there is no insurance here, you pay for it regardless.

Forgot to mention... Ella came with a lot of stuff including a nice photo album that I think her grandparents made for her. It has her taking a bath in the basin, which Ella had told us about. There are a couple of pictures when she was smaller and several pictures of her grandparents holding her. This will forever be treasured by us. She also came with toys that I sent and a bathing suit, swimming ring (I guess they must have taken her swimming), and stuffed animals and some goodies. She came with so much more than Mia came with. Have I mentioned the 15 layers she had on??

No comments:

Post a Comment